Do not always eat the same pizza, try this broccoli-ricotta pizza with whole wheat crust that you will love! Delicious and nutritious. A different idea but full of flavor. You can not miss this delicious recipe, encourage yourself and prepare this pizza that is very easy to make. It is also another great idea to camouflage one of the most fantastic, complete and nutritious vegetables that exist!
Also being made with an whole wheat dough, it will provide fibers to the body in addition to the nutrients provided by the broccoli And although your children look at you weird (like mine), they will end up loving this pizza … This broccoli-ricotta pizza with whole wheat crust, besides being healthy and abundant. A good option is to serve with a rich and fresh salad. A very good meal for hot summer days.
Let’s take advantage of seasonal vegetables, eat healthy, take care of our body and our pocket if we can (haha). I leave you the recipe …
- For the Dough
- 450 grams of Whole Wheat Flour
- 8 grams of dry yeast
- 250 cc of water
- 30 cc of olive oil
- 5 grams of salt
- Pizza sauce amount required
- For the filling
- 500 grams of Ricotta
- 1 red bell pepper
- 200 grams of broccoli
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 grams of grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: oregano, parsley, sesame seeds, etc.
- Place the flour, yeast, oil, yeast, salt, and water in a bowl. Form a uniform dough. Cover the dough and let rise until it doubled in volume.
- Cut broccoli into small twigs, steam them (keeps nutrients better) or in a pot with plenty of boiling water for about 5 minutes. Reserve.
- In a pan, place the diced onion and rel bell pepper. Sauté for a few minutes, add garlic, broccoli cut into small twigs. Cocinar por unos minutos.
- Add the ricotta and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Remove, place the cheese and season to taste. At this time, I advise you to season with salt if necessary (if the cheese is very salty, you will not need to add it). Reserve.
- In a pizza oven dish, place a little oil and stretch the dough with your fingers rounding the dough to cover the entire pizza oven dish. Paint the dough with pizza sauce. If you like fluffy pizza, let stand for 15-20 more minutes before precooking it.
- Cook in a strong oven for 5 minutes. Reinforce with pizza sauce if desired and cover all the pizza with the filling. Place cheese cubes between the filling and cook for 10 more minutes or until the cheese melts. Do not bake the pizza too much since the dough will be very crispy.