Today I am going to teach you how to make whole wheat nachos in a simple and practical way! An ideal recipe to accompany charcuterie boards or also as a daily snack. They can be consumed alone or preferably sauces and dips. Surprise everyone with this quick and easy whole grain recipe!
This is a recipe of the leftovers type, as we usually call it at home. Because if you had whole wheat tortillas leftover, you can take advantage of them to make some incredible whole wheat nachos! Although if you don’t have and want to do it anyway, you can check out the whole wheat flour tortilla recipes available here.
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
These whole wheat nachos are simple to make, they do not require great experience to prepare. The ingredients are simple and easily accessible in any store. They can also be made with homemade and purchased whole wheat flour tortillas. On another occasion I will leave the version with dough for whole wheat nachos.
With a few units of flour tortillas you can make a considerable amount of nachos. So if you had whole wheat flour tortillas left over from a previous meal, you can take advantage of them to make these whole wheat snacks. The size and quantity that comes out per recipe will vary depending on how they are cut.
To make them tasty, it is important to season well before baking. And for this you can choose different ingredients according to preference. In addition, it is important to use something that helps adherence, such as olive oil, sunflower oil, vegetable spray, etc.
When using some type of liquid oil, it is convenient to season the oil in a container and then, before baking, brush the nachos. On the contrary, before baking, the nachos are sprayed with vegetable spray and seasoned. Good results are obtained with both options.
About its cooking:
The cooking of these whole wheat nachos is super fast, it takes between 5 to 10 minutes depending on the type of oven you have. So being vigilant is important. Without any inconvenience you can open the oven door as many times as required to check.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Whole wheat flour tortillas 8
- Olive oil c/n
- Vegetable spray c/n
- Others: oregano, parsley, paprika, etc.
- Cut whole wheat flour tortillas into triangles.
- Place on a baking dish previously oiled or with vegetable spray.
- In a bowl, place the olive oil and season to taste. Stir and brush.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160-180 °C / 71.11 - 82.22 °F for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut whole wheat flour tortillas into triangles. Place on a previously oiled baking dish or vegetable spray.
- Spray with vegetable spray and season to taste.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160-180 °C / 320 - 356 °F for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Keep in an airtight container.