Do you have apples at home and nobody eats? Here is a recipe to target and take advantage of that fruit that no one eats at home. Today the protagonist of this recipe is apples, which together with oats and whole wheat flour provide numerous nutrients to your body.
These apple muffins are spectacular! They are moist, tasty, really delicious. and the combination of apple flavor with oat and cinnamon makes them really irresistible! Children will love it!
Swap out those purchased cookies for a slightly healthier breakfast or snack. These muffins are very easy to make, take little time to prepare and best of all, the ingredients are common, there is nothing unusual in this recipe. In addition, you find apples all year in the market and you can make a lot of recipes with them.
Go Ahead! Try this recipe and then tell me about it! Good Monday!
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- 350 g / 12,35 oz / 2,9 cups whole wheat flour
- 50 g / 1,76 oz / 6 tbsps oats
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml / ½ cup sunflower oil
- 300 g / 10,58 oz / 2 medium apples
- 150 g / 5,29 oz / 1 ½ cup whole cane sugar or white sugar
- 15 g / 0,53 oz / 3 tsps baking powder
- cinnamon c / n
- Puree the apples and add the sugar (I used white sugar because I couldn't find whole cane sugar). Mix
- Then add the sunflower oil and eggs. Whisk until all the ingredients are well integrated.
- Add the oat and stir. Then add the whole wheat flour little by little together with the baking powder and cinnamon, mix well.
- Place the preparation in a muffins mold or liners baking cup until a little before the edge of it (it does not fill everything because it grows during cooking). Bake at 356 °F for 30/40 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out dry.
With this recipe you will get 12 large muffins.