Today I leave this recipe to make whole wheat beet pasta. Full of color and flavor. A basic dough for you to prepare the pasta that you like the most. From noodles to stuffed pasta. Egg-based and with the unmistakable and radiant color of the beet itself.
I declare myself a fan of pasta in general. I am the kind of person who likes variety and combination of ingredients. The one that dares to try new things, different flavors and different textures.
I think the colors are captivating in the kitchen, the kids love it although sometimes the adults are a little frightened. That is why I always encourage you to prepare new things and even more if they provide you with extra nutrients that are totally beneficial for our body.
This whole wheat beet paste in my opinion is exquisite, it has that sweet touch of beet. But at the same time it is not invasive. It is perfect to combine with white sauces with mixtures of cheeses, mushrooms or some green vegetable that stands out in it.
An excellent idea to add extra nutrients, and that also being whole wheat gives a better nutrition to our body. In the seasons of certain vegetables it is ideal to take advantage of the prices of each season and get the juice out of those vegetables or fruits.
There is not much to say about the preparation. I made this pasta in my food processor. I think it is faster and easier. Although if you do not have one you can use a mini primer to make the beet puree or with a manual presser you can also do it.
It is always nice to take the whole day to make homemade pasta and make a good amount to freeze and always have on hand. It is ideal for those who schedule the meal of the week because they have little time but they like to eat homemade and as healthy as possible.
With very few minutes of cooking and with few ingredients you can prepare this recipe. With this beet paste you can make noodles of all kinds or stuffed pasta such as sorrentinos, ravioli and also lasagna.
You can cut the noodles by making a roll with the dough already stretched and with a knife you cut the width you want the noodles. For the filled pasta there are special molds or it can also be made by hand without any problem.
It is a dough that has a lot of moisture provided by beets. And so don’t hesitate to sprinkle with flour while you stretch with the pasta machine or the rolling pin if necessary.
If you are going to stretch by hand, let it rest for a few minutes between each stretch so that the dough relaxes and it is easier for you to do it.
To know how much pasta to make, approximately 100 grams of flour per person is calculated.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Beetroot puree 200 g
- Eggs 2
- Wholw wheat flour 500 g
- Olive or sunflower oil 2 tbsp
- Water 3 tbsp
- Process the beets with the tablespoons of water until they form a puree. Add the eggs and oil. Unite well.
- Incorporate whole wheat flour little by little. Process until the dough is detached from the bowl of the processor (it does not need to be completely homogeneous). Place the dough in a plastic kitchen wrap. Let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes so that it can stretch easier (prepare the day before if you prefer).
- Roll out with a rolling pin or pasta machine. Sprinkle with flour so it doesn't stick. Make a roll and cut with a knife if you don't have the noodle cutter that usually comes with the pasta machine.
- To make bow tie pasta, cut squares the size you prefer. Join the middle by pressing hard with your fingers so that it sticks and forms the bow.
- It can be frozen for 3 months.