You will surely love this recipe! Delicious cookies with quince or commonly known as “Pepas” that is, Whole Wheat Pepas!
What can I tell you about this recipe? They are very easy to make and in just 15 minutes of baking you will have something delicious for breakfast or snack. In addition the ingredients more than sure you have them at home. As always, we try to make recipes with elements that you may have or that you can find in any market.
Sometimes it is a little scary to make sweet recipes with whole grain ingredients, but the truth is that if you make the recipe properly, the results are exquisite and you will get as good results as with flour 0000 or 000.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- 350 g / 12,35 oz / 2,9 cups whole wheat flour
- 100 g / 3,53 oz / ½ cup butter
- 150 g / 5,29 o / ¾ cup whole cane sugar or white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 g / 0,53 oz / 3 tsps baking powder
- Optional: quince paste, sweet potato paste, etc.
- In a bowl, place the butter at room temperature with the sugar and beat until it clears its color.
- Incorporate the eggs and beat until united. Add the vanilla essence and mix.
- Add the whole wheat flour together with the baking powder little by little and with a spoon mix until it is well mixed and form a dough.
- To make the whole wheat cookies we have 2 ways to make them, you choose the one that is most practical for you. You can form a roll with the dough and cut small portions or make small individual balls. Whichever option you choose, place the cookies on a baking tray and with your finger crush them in the center to form a hole so you can put the jam you have or want, this time I used quince paste. To place the jam and it is easier for us, place it in a bowl, add a little water and take it to a bain-marie or microwave to soften it.
- Bake at 356 °F for 15 minutes. Do not brown them too much, they will get hard.