Today we prepare some delicious whole wheat pancakes that we ate with dulce de leche, really delicious! Fans, by nature, of whole wheat flour for its benefits, we demonstrate once again that there is no limitation in making sweet recipes such as salty.
We are at home for a long time, so we must take advantage to eat as healthy and delicious as possible. It is also a very good way to spend time and perhaps cook with our children. A nice and entertaining activity to strengthen our ties in this quarantine season while we wait for good news and everything returns to normal.
Let’s make this recipe for this delight! Any questions leave me a comment. And if you want a particular recipe I am all ears!
Other Whole Wheat Pancakes Ideas 👇
- 200 grams of fine wholemeal flour
- 500 cc of milk
- 4 eggs
- 50 g of butter
- pinch of salt
- Optional: vanilla essence, lemon zest, orange zest, apple or pear zest, etc.
- We put in a bowl the eggs, the milk and the pinch of salt (if you want to perfume with an essence or grated lemon or orange we also add it). Mix until united.
- Add half of the flour and beat with a hand mixer or electric mixer until it forms a smooth dough without lumps that can be observed. Add the remaining half of flour and beat again for a few more minutes.
- We cover with a film paper and let rest in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. Then the protein found in the flour is hydrated. If you wonder if the dough can be cooked without resting, the answer is yes, but the taste will not be the same. If we prepare the dough the day before, its flavor will be even better.
- Before starting to cook these wonderful pancakes, we will add the melted butter to the dough, stir, and if they are going to add any additional ingredient, it is also the time (apple, pears,etc).
- For cooking use a non-stick frying pan, non-stick pancakes pan or a pan with a little butter or oil (I use butter spray). Place a little of the preparation with a ladle, simmer until the dough coagulates, separate the edges with a spatula and turn it over to cook the other side.
- If you are going to fill them and take them to the oven, for example, they should be cooked leaving them white (these are called crepes). Therefore, the edges of the pancakes will not brown too much with additional baking.
If the dough feels thick, add a little milk or extra water. Whole wheat flour sometimes needs a little more liquid than regular flour.