The weekend is coming, and what such a great idea it would be to prepare a delicious whole wheat pizza and enjoy with the family! Today, I present you this recipe for a basic whole wheat pizza dough, and you can choose what kind of pizza to make using your favorite ingredients ever!
Pizzas are infinite possible combinations and for all tastes, there are all kinds, sizes and thicknesses. That is why each person has a particular preference, and that is what makes it so versatile in its preparation. Therefore, at home, according to the taste of each one, it will be prepared in a particular way.
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
Making this whole wheat pizza dough recipe is quite practical and simple. The ingredients used are just a few and often used, easy to find in any market. As a result, you will get a smooth and soft whole wheat dough. Ideal for preparing all kinds of pizza with different combinations and all types of ingredients!
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, the whole wheat flour used is 100% whole grain, fine ground (I don’t use mixes unless I mention it). In general, depending on the brand, it can absorb more or less amount of liquid. So I recommend incorporating them gradually. Keep in mind that the lower the volume is, smaller final product you will get.
Its cooking requires little time because as it is called, pizza dough crust, this would only be a pre-cooking. Because then its cooking is completed together with all the ingredients that are added. Generally, is usually at a high temperature and can be in different ways depending on the method used for it.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 500 g / 17.63 oz / 4 ¼ cup
- Water 400 cc / 13.52 oz / 1 ¾ cups
- Dry yeast 7.5 g / 0.26 g / 1 ½ tsp / Fresh yeast 20 g / 0.70 oz
- Sunflower oil 40 cc / 1.35 oz / 3 tbsp
- Salt 5 g / 0.18 oz / 1 tsp
- Tomato sauce w/n
- Place the whole wheat flour in a bowl and the yeast in the center (instant or fresh yeast). Put the salt on the edges of the flour so it does not touches the yeast (it will be inactivated). Add the water little by little, mix and then knead until you get a smooth and elastic dough. Cover and let rise until it doubles in volume.
- Divide the dough into two parts (into three parts if you want thin pizzas). Spread the dough with your fingers on a previously oiled pizza pan, you can also do it with a rolling pin (whichever is easier). Brush with sauce and bake at maximum temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Add your chosen ingredients and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Whole wheat flours depending on their brand can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.