Today I propose to you to make whole wheat spinach pasta. This basic dough recipe will serve you to make all kinds of noodles and all kinds of stuffed pasta you want. Such as sorrentinos, ravioli or raviolones, for example.
A homemade pasta made at home is never compared to a purchased one because we really know what it is made of. We make it ourselves and with ingredients that we know its quality. We also check that it is 100% whole grain and does not a mix of flours. Because many times products that claim to be whole grain are sold, when in their composition they really are not.
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
This homemade pasta recipe is made with very few ingredients and are easily accessible, nothing out of the world. Preparation is simple and without much work. It can be done with or without a machine to stretch the pasta (although if you have one you will save a lot effort). It is a very fresh-tasting pasta that can be combined with different fillings and different types of sauce.
This dough has a lot of moisture, provided by the spinach. To stretch it out so it doesn’t stick, you’ll need to constantly sprinkle the dough with flour. If you do not have an accessory to cut the noodles you can make a roll with the already stretched pasta and with a very sharp knife cut the noodles to the width you want.
Four people eat with these proportions of ingredients. To prepare the whole wheat spinach pasta I did it in my processing machine because it was not a large quantity (it is practical, easy and quick to do). If you don’t have a processor machine you can make the spinach puree with a blender and the rest by hand.
The pasta is cooked in plenty of boiling salted water, in batches if it is a large quantity. This prevents the water from cooling down and the noodles sticking. As soon as the pasta is thrown into the pot, it is stirred, the time varies between 1 to 5 minutes depending on whether they are noodles or stuffed pasta, or desired cooking point.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 400 g / 14.10 oz / 3 ¼ cup
- Spinach 150 g / 5.29 oz / 0.33 lb
- Eggs 2
- Olive oil 20 cc / 1 tbsp
- Agua 50 cc / ¼ taza / 3 ¼ cdas
- Place the spinach in the food processor machine with the water so that it works better. For a totally green dough, make the spinach puree with a blender. This way the spinach will be better ground.
- Add the eggs and process for a few minutes.
- Incorporate the whole wheat flour little by little.
- Process until the dough comes off the edges of the machine. It shouldn't take long for this. If this does not happen and it is necessary add a little flour. The dough does not need to be completely homogeneous.
- Make a bun with the dough, wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until use.
- Roll out, sprinkle with whole wheat flour. Make the type of pasta you want.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Can be use raw or cooked spinach.
- Whole wheat flours depending on their brand can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.