Today I propose to you to make whole wheat spinach pasta. This basic dough recipe will serve you both to make noodles and any type of stuffed pasta you want, such as sorrentines or ravioli for example.
You never compare a homemade pasta with a bought one because we really know what it is made of. We make them and with ingredients that we know their quality. We also check that they are 100% whole grain and not a mix. Because many times they sell products that claim to be whole grain, when in their composition they really are not.
Let’s talk a little about the preparation.
The homemade pasta is made with very few ingredients and are easily accessible, nothing out of the world. Preparation is simple and without much work. It can be done with or without a machine to stretch the pasta (although if you have one you will save a lot effort). It is a very fresh-tasting pasta that can be combined in a lot of ways, with different fillings and different types of sauce.
This mass is quite moist from spinach. To stretch it and it does not stick you will need to sprinkle the dough with flour constantly. If you do not have an accessory to cut the noodles you can make a roll with the already stretched pasta and with a very sharp knife cut the noodles to the width you want.
Four people eat with these proportions of ingredients. To prepare the whole pasta I did it in my processing machine because it was not a large quantity (it is practical, easy and quick to do). If you don’t have a processor machine you can make the spinach puree with a miniprimer and the rest by hand.
The pasta cooking is always in abundant boiling water, with a little salt and it is cooked in parts if it is a lot of quantity because it may stick and the water also cools. Stir the pasta just to put it in the pot. Cooking varies from 1 to 5 minutes depending on whether they are noodles or stuffed pasta.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 400 g / 14,11 oz / 3,33 cups
- Spinach 150 g / 5,29 oz
- Eggs 2
- Olive oil 20 ml / 1 tbsp
- Water 50 ml / 3 tbsps
- Place the spinach in the processing machine with the water so that it works better. If you want a completely green dough, make the spinach puree with a minipimer and thus it will grind the spinach better.
- Add the eggs and process for a few minutes.
- Incorporate the whole wheat flour little by little.
- Process until the dough comes off the edges of the machine. It shouldn't take long for this. If it does not happen add a little flour. The dough does not need to be completely homogeneous.
- Make a bun with the dough, wrap in plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator until use.
- Roll out sprinkled with flour and make the pasta you want, either just noodles or stuffed pasta.