Today I leave you this whole wheat dough patties super easy recipe! In some minutes you make some delicious empanadas. This time I made some baskets and spinach as a filling, but you can choose what to put inside. My personal opinion I think that whole wheat dough combines more than perfect with any vegetable.
This whole wheat patties dYou choose the type of fat to use with this recipe. You choose the type of fat to use with this recipe. This time I used refined beef tallow and they came out spectacular. They did not dry in the oven at all. Although it is not necessary to brown much because that is also a factor that will give them a crispy touch (although if you like it no problem).
A nice idea is to prepare a good quantity and freeze by inserting the patties discs with plastic separators so they don’t stick together. And so when you want or need to make patties you always have them at hand.
The amount of ingredients given in this recipe was enough for making two dozen spinach baskets (this time I wanted to make open patties).
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- 500 g / 17,64 oz / 4,16 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 30 ml / 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 300 ml / 10,58 oz / 1 ½ cup / water at room temperature
- 50 g / 1,76 oz / 1 tbsp beef tallow
- Place the flour, salt, lemon juice, and warm water in a bowl or mixer machine. As we unite the ingredients, incorporate the melted fat warm (not hot). As we unite the ingredients, incorporate the melted fat warm (not hot). Cover the dough with plastic film and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Thus the dough relaxes and allows to stretch it easier.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough about 3mm thick and cut the empanadas discs with something round. When cutting the dough is going to retract a little (it is normal), stretch again keeping the round shape with your fingers or the rolling pin. Assemble with filling and bake at maximum temperature (482 °F) for 20-30 minutes or so.