Integralisimo proposes you to make these pancakes with whole wheat flour and no butter. An easy recipe that you can flavor or accompany by different ingredients and obtain both sweet and savory pancakes. Ideal for making all kinds of cannelloni, adding fruit or simply in the classic style with dulce de leche. Go for this much lighter whole wheat version!
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
Preparing this recipe is simple because it has no complications in terms of its preparation and has more than one advantage. The ingredients used are just a few and frequently used, easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, 100% organic whole wheat flour is used, finely ground (unless it mentions it). In general, depending on the brand, it can absorb more or less liquid. For this reason I recommend incorporating the liquids gradually. As a result, keep in mind that the lower the volume, the lower the final product.
The fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. But you can substitute butter, margarine, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Even so, depending on what fat is used, it can change its texture and final flavor. Therefore, always keep in mind the type and class of ingredients when preparing a specific recipe.
In the same way, you have the choice to use milk, non-dairy milk, fruit juice or simply water. As well as a mixture of them, that is, half-and-half. However, replacing it exclusively with water will give you a rather rustic texture as a final result. Therefore, keep the details in mind when modifying a recipe.
Being a basic dough, another possibility is to make it sweet or salty by adding sweetener or salt. Likewise, the alternative of flavoring to taste with spices or different essences such as vanilla, lemon, orange, etc. Also add fruits such as apples and pears, grated or whole according to preference.
About the dough:
Once the dough is ready, it is advisable to store it in the refrigerator for half an hour, so the flour hydrates. Probably, after this rest, the dough thickens. So depending on the thickness of the pancakes you want, you may need to add more liquid. Since the density of pancakes varies greatly from the fluidity of the dough.
Finally, these pancakes are cooked in a pancake pan or regular pan, preferably non-stick and at a medium low temperature. Once hot, the pan is brushed with butter, sunflower oil or vegetable spray. Therefore, using a ladle or measuring glass, a little dough is poured over and making a slighting movement it spreads over the entire bottom of the pan.
This cooking is done on both sides: when the dough coagulates and the edges come off, make a quick turning movement of the pan to flip the pancake in the air. If you don’t have experience, another option is using a spatula. Next, cook for a few more seconds. It is important to avoid burning or drying out. This way they do not break when folding later.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 150 g / / 5.29 oz / 1 cup + 1 tbsp
- Milk - Non dairy milk - Water 350 ml / 1 ⅓ cup
- Sunflower oil 30 ml / 2 tbsp
- Eggs M 2
- Pinch salt
- Optional: vanilla essence, orange zest, lemon zest, nutmeg, apples, pears, etc.
- In a bowl place the eggs. Beat.
- Add milk, essence or zest (optional). Beat.
- Incorporate whole wheat flour and salt previously sifted. Shake vigorously to avoid lumps.
- Preferably, store in the fridge for 30 minutes to hydrate the flour.
- Before you start cooking, add sunflower oil and beat. Fruits are added in this step (optional).
- Brush with butter, oil or spray, a hot nonstick pan. Add dough with a ladle, spreading it all over the bottom of the pan.
- When the edges come off, turn quickly with a pan or spatula motion. Cook for a few more seconds. Remove and stack. Store in the refrigerator.
- Pan size used: 20 cm in diameter.
- Makes approximately 12 pancakes.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Whole wheat flours, depending on their brand, can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.
American measuring cup equivalents:
|1 Cup||¾ Cup||½ Cup||⅓ Cup||¼ Cup|
|250 ml||190 ml||125 ml||80 ml||60 ml|
Equivalences American measuring spoons:
|1 Tbsp||½ Tbsp||1 Tsp||½ Tsp||¼ Tsp|
|15 ml||7.5 ml||5 ml||2.5 ml||1.25 ml|
Values equivalent to 3.53 oz (100 grams) of white sugar * approximate
|STEVIA POWDER||STEVIA LIQUID|
|3.53 OZ||0.35 OZ |
11 SWEETENER SACHETS
|54 DROPS||0.39 OZ |
* Accordingly, adjust the proportions of the other ingredients as well