We always ask ourselves the same thing, we buy fruits and vegetables that we don’t eat, it gets ripe and we don’t know what to do with it. It is what I base myself in making these recipes. So you have different options and alternatives that are delicious and you can take advantage of that ripe fruit or vegetable.
Do not throw away anything else, if you do not want to eat them, transform it into a whole grain recipe full of nutrients and beneficial for your body and your pocket.
Banana is a fruit that is usually bought at home and it is common for us to remember to eat it when it is already black. You don’t want to eat them, your children less, and throwing them make you feel bad. There is no better idea of making a good recipe. Also the ripening of the banana is proportional to its nutrients and contributions. What makes it one of the most spectacular fruits that exist.
Many recipes to make, millions of possible combinations. You just have to get out of the classic ones. You lose nothing by trying new recipes. And I assure you that you will love these caramel sandwich cookies. At home, it was a complete success, so the goal was more than accomplished (a whole fight to eat fruit)
Let’s talk a little about this recipe …
The ingredients used are simply basic and their preparation even more. A recipe that does not have to be kneaded nor has leavened times.
To give it the characteristic round shape of the caramel sandwich cookies you can use a cookie cutter or something round that have (glass, lid, etc.) the size you want the caramel sandwich cookies to come out of.
With this recipe 22 standard caramel sandwich cookies came out. If you want bigger or thicker caramel sandwich cookies you should consider the thickness and size of the dough to cut. And always keeping in mind that with baking they will grow a little. Also the baking times will change too.
Baking is quick and easy, only one baking dish is needed. It is not necessary to have butter paper or butter the baking dish since this dough has a good amount of it. Although if it is for your tranquility and your confidence you can use them anyway.
You can fill these caramel sandwich cookies with the jam that you like the most. Use a pastry bag to facilitate filling if you want it. If the jam or sweet paste is a little hard, they can microwave it for a few minutes with a few drops of water or milk depending on the type of jam or sweet paste it is.
To test what they combined best, I filled some with dulce de leche, others with quince paste, others I dipped with chocolate and others I added grated coconut like the classic caramel sandwich cookies of cornstarch. Those who liked the most were those with quince paste.
Day by day thinking of recipes to take advantage of every ingredient that we have at home and not throw anything away.
Other whole grain banana recipe ideas 👇
- Whole Wheat Banana Loaf Bread
- Whole Wheat Banana Cookies
- Whole Wheat Banana Cake
- Whole Wheat Banana Oats Muffins Sugar Free
- Medium banana 1
- Butter 100 g
- Egg 1
- Sugar 80 gr
- Whole wheat flour 125 g
- Cornstarch 175 g
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence c / n
- For the filling: dulce de leche, sweet potato paste, quince paste, chocolate topping, grated coconut, etc.
- Place the butter at room temperature and the sugar in a bowl. Beat until creamy (creamy consistency).
- Add the egg, the mashed banana and the vanilla essence. Mix
- Add the whole wheat flour. Mix with a spoon.
- Then add the cornstarch together with the baking powder and the baking soda. Link. Wrap the preparation in a kitchen plastic film and take it to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Sprinkle with cornstarch if it tends to stick. Cut the dough discs with a chosen cutter. Put it on a baking sheet (you can butter it if you want).
- Bake at 180 ° degrees for 15-20 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Before filling, allow to cool so that they do not break.