Many times we forget to eat the bananas that we buy and when we find out they are black. Don’t throw them away! This whole grain banana pudding recipe is ideal to take advantage of those ripe, black bananas that nobody wants to eat!
Did you know that the more it ripens, the higher the level of antioxidants it concentrates and the more dark spots the banana has, the more benefit it will bring to the body and the immune system?
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
Making this whole wheat banana loaf cake recipe is quite practical and simple. The ingredients used are few and often used, easy to find in any market. As a result, you will get a fluffy and smooth whole wheat loaf cake. Ideal for breakfasts, snacks and desserts!
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, the whole wheat flour used is 100% whole grain, fine ground (I don’t use mixes unless I mention it). In general, depending on its brand, it can absorb more or less amount of liquid. So I recommend incorporating them gradually. Keep in mind that the lower the volume is, smaller final product you will get.
The fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. Although it can be replaced by butter, margarine or some other type of oil. As a result, depending on what fat is used, it can modify its flavor and final texture. If using butter, cream with the whole cane sugar before incorporating.
Those who do not consume animal milk can replace this ingredient with vegetable milk or water. Which means that this recipe can still be made, although the results will vary accordingly. Therefore, depending on the type of ingredient used, it will influence the quality of the final product.
To bake this banana loaf cake with whole wheat flour, you can use two small molds or a large one, previously buttered and floured. With this amount of ingredients you get a large whole wheat loaf cake of the family type. That is why it must be taken into account when choosing a particular mold.
Its cooking requires little time and like any whole grain recipe, if it is punctual, much better. In this way a moist and not dry loaf cake is obtained as a result. In addition, this way all that characteristic humidity that the fruit contributes to any recipe is taken advantage of. And more being of the whole wheat type!
- Whole wheat flour 350 g / 8.81 oz / 3 cups
- Sunflower oil 200 cc / ¾ cup
- Whole cane sugar 200 g / 1 cup
- Ripe medium bananas (black) 3
- Eggs 3
- Water or milk 50 cc / 3 ½ tbsp
- Baking powder 16 g / 0.56 oz / 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence or cinnamon
- Optional: walnuts, raisins, chocolate chips, etc.
- With a fork, blender or food processor, puree the bananas. Incorporate the sugar, unite.
- Add the oil, the eggs and the vanilla essence. Beat until the mixture looks homogeneous.
- Add the milk and the whole wheat flour together with the baking powder little by little until the whole mixture is blended.
- Place in a large loaf mold previously buttered and floured.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 160-180 °C / 71.11 - 82.22 °F for approximately 30-40 minutes or when inserting a toothpick it comes out dry.
- White sugar can be used.
- Can be used butter, margarine or any other type of cooking oil.
- Replacing sunflower oil for butter: 100 g / 3.53 oz / ½ cup.
- Milk can be replaced by water or vegetable milk.
- Sunflower oil can be cut in half for the same amount of milk, water, plant milk, etc.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Whole wheat flours depending on their brand can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.