This week, Integralisimo offers you this wonderful sugar-free whole wheat banana cake. An excellent recipe for those who cannot consume sugar or simply want to reduce it from their daily diet. Make your breakfasts and snacks healthier by eating with 100% whole grain ingredients but in an exquisite and sugar-free way.
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
Preparing this whole wheat cake is simple, since it is a recipe that has no complications in its preparation and has more than one advantage. The ingredients are frequently used and just a few, easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
Being a cake and not a sponge cake, other ingredients are used Also, you have two options to prepare it, which will depend on its final texture. Because it can be more or less fluffy and high, depending on the availability or not of an electric mixer. However, the recipe can still be made without this item.
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, the whole wheat flour used is 100% organic whole wheat, finely ground (unless it is mentioned). In general, depending on the brand, it can absorb more or less liquid. For this reason I recommend incorporating the liquids gradually. As a result, keep in mind that less volume will result in a smaller final product.
The fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. However, it can be replaced with butter, margarine, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Nevertheless, depending on the type of fat used, it might change the texture and final flavor. Therefore, always keep in mind the type and class of ingredients when preparing a specific recipe.
In the same way, you have the choice of using milk, no-dairy milk or simply water. As well as the option to use a mixture of them, that is, half-and-half. However, replacing with just water will result in a slightly more rustic texture. So keep these details in mind when modifying the recipe.
Although bananas are used to flavor and aromatize this cake, they are also used as a natural sweetener. Because it is a type of fruit that the more ripe it gets, its sweetness and benefits increase proportionally. That is why any recipe that is made with them is considered this sweetness product of their maturity.
To sweeten you can choose any kind of sweetener, whether artificial or natural, but suitable for prolonged baking. Being among the best known and used options: powdered sweetener, liquid sweetener, powdered stevia, liquid stevia, honey, sucrose, molasses, agave syrup, panela, maple syrup, etc.
Las personas con enfermedad diabética deben utilizar el tipo de edulcorante que corresponda y en caso de duda consultar a su médico de cabecera. In the following table, you can observe the equivalences of the most common sweeteners used per 100 grams of sugar:
|3.53 OZ||0.35 OZ|
11 SWEETENER SACHETS
Finally, this whole wheat banana cake is baked at a medium low temperature, which is around 180 degrees / 356 Fahrenheit for about 50 minutes. It is recommended for a good result, first to adapt the baking according to the type of oven available and second, that the baking is as punctual as possible and not dry out.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 360 g / 12.69 oz / 3 cups
- Sunflower oil 120 ml / ½ cup / 8 tbsp
- Milk - Non-dairy milk - Water 300 ml / 1 ¼ cup
- Baking powder 18 g / 0.64 oz / 1 tbsp
- Bananas 2M / 270g / 9.53 oz
- Egg yolks 3
- Egg whites 3
- Vanilla essence 10 ml / 2 tsp (optional)
- Cinnamon powder 5 g / 1 tsp (optional)
- Powdered sweetener 22 sachets / 20 g / 0.70 oz - Liquid Stevia 2-3 tbsp
- Optional: walnuts, almonds, chocolate chips, etc.
- Separate the whites from the yolks. In a bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks. Reserve.
- In another bowl, place the bananas and make a purée. Add the yolks, vanilla essence and sweetener. Whisk until the ingredients are integrated.
- Continue beating while gradually adding the sunflower oil.
- Incorporate the whole wheat flour with the baking powder and cinnamon in batches, alternating with the milk/water/no-dairy milk. Beat for about 5 minutes.
- With enveloping movements, incorporate the egg whites whipped to stiff peaks.
- Pour the preparation into a previously buttered and floured cake mold.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C / 356 °F for approximately 1 hour. Do not open the oven before 40 minutes to check the cake. Unmold once cold.
- Mold size used 20 cm. A 22 cm one can also be used.
- It can be made without ripe bananas. Increase sweetener accordingly.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Whole wheat flours, depending on their brand, can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.
American measuring cup equivalents:
|1 Cup||¾ Cup||½ Cup||⅓ Cup||¼ Cup|
|250 ml||190 ml||125 ml||80 ml||60 ml|
Equivalences American measuring spoons:
|1 Tbsp||½ Tbsp||1 Tsp||½ Tsp||¼ Tsp|
|15 ml||7.5 ml||5 ml||2.5 ml||1.25 ml|
Values equivalent to 3.53 oz (100 grams) of white sugar * approximate
|SUGAR||POWDERED SWEETENER||LIQUID SWEETENER||STEVIAPOWDER||STEVIA LIQUID|
|3.53 OZ|| |
11 SWEETENER SACHETS
* Accordingly, adjust the proportions of the other ingredients as well