Integralisimo proposes you this weekend to make a delicious whole wheat blueberry lemon loaf bread. An ideal recipe to enjoy the season of fresh blueberries and prepare a whole wheat, moist and tasty loaf. What’s more, best of all, it’s sugar-free. Boost your snacks and breakfasts with a high concentration of fibers and nutrients!
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
Preparing this whole wheat loaf cake is simple, has no complications in terms of its preparation and has more than one advantage. The ingredients are frequently used and just a few, easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, the whole wheat flour used is 100% organic whole wheat, finely ground (unless it is mentioned). In general, depending on the brand, it can absorb more or less liquid. For this reason I recommend incorporating the liquids gradually. As a result, keep in mind that less volume will result in a smaller final product.
The fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. But you can substitute for margarine, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Nevertheless, depending on the type of fat used, it might change the texture and final flavor. Therefore, always keep in mind the type and class of ingredients when preparing a specific recipe.
In the same way, you have the choice of using milk, no-dairy milk or simply water. As well as a mixture of them, that is, half-and-half. However, replacing it with just water will result in a slightly more rustic texture. Therefore, keep these details in mind when modifying the recipe.
As a flavoring this time is lemon, skin and juice. Although you can replace it with milk, no-dairy milk or just water if you don’t like this flavor, or you don’t have lemons at home. As well as using artificial essences such as orange, vanilla or lemon. But the nutrients obtained will not be the same, thus resulting in a slightly more artificial whole wheat loaf bread.
Briefly, blueberries, a noble and low-calorie fruit. Standing out mainly for having a high content of antioxidants and an important preventive role in cellular aging. It also cooperates in the reduction of various diseases and infections and has a remarkable anti-inflammatory action, among others.
In the market you can get fresh or frozen blueberries. Both options are viable to make this recipe. However, if they are frozen before use, they must be thawed, removing any excess liquid they may have. Similarly, before starting to cook, it is advisable to check if they are clean and free of impurities.
To sweeten you can choose any type of sweetener, whether artificial or natural, but it has to be suitable for prolonged cooking. Being among the best known and used options: powdered sweetener, liquid sweetener, powdered stevia, liquid stevia, honey, sucrose, molasses, agave syrup, panela, maple syrup, etc.
People with diabetic disease should use the corresponding type of sweetener and in case of doubt consult a trusted doctor. In the following table, you can see the equivalences of the most common sweeteners used per 100 grams of sugar:
|3.53 OZ||0.35 OZ|
11 SWEETENER SACHETS
Finally, this loaf cake is baked at a medium low temperature, which is around 180 degrees / 356 Fahrenheit, for about 40 minutes. It is recommended for a good result, first to adapt the baking according to the type of oven available and second, that the baking is as punctual as possible and not dry out.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 250 g / 8.82 oz / 2 cups
- Sunflower oil 60 ml / ¼ cup / 4 tbsp
- Milk - Non-dairy milk - Water 180ml / ¾ cup / 12 tbsp
- Lemon juice 80 ml / ⅓ cup / 1 unit
- Lemon zest
- Baking powder 15 g / 0.50 oz / 1 tbsp
- Powdered sweetener 30 sachets / Liquid Stevia 2-3 tbsp
- Blueberries 130g / 4.58oz / 0.28lb
- Eggs 2
- In a bowl place the eggs, the sweetener and the sunflower oil. Beat for 5 minutes and add the lemon juice and zest. Whisk until the ingredients are integrated.
- Incorporate the whole wheat flour in batches with the baking powder interspersed with the milk (no-dairy milk/water).
- Add the blueberries. Mix.
- Pour the preparation into a previously buttered and floured loaf mold. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C / 356 °F for approximately 40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted comes out dry. Unmold once cold.
- Mold size used 26 cm. Also, you can use a 28 cm.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Replacement of sunflower oil for butter: 100 g
- Whole wheat flours, depending on their brand, can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.
American measuring cup equivalents:
|1 Cup||¾ Cup||½ Cup||⅓ Cup||¼ Cup|
|250 ml||190 ml||125 ml||80 ml||60 ml|
Equivalences American measuring spoons:
|1 Tbsp||½ Tbsp||1 Tsp||½ Tsp||¼ Tsp|
|15 ml||7.5 ml||5 ml||2.5 ml||1.25 ml|
Values equivalent to 3.53 oz (100 grams) of white sugar * approximate
|SUGAR||POWDERED SWEETENER||LIQUID SWEETENER||STEVIAPOWDER||LIQUID STEVIA|
|3.53 OZ|| |
11 SWEETENER SACHETS
* Accordingly, adjust the proportions of the other ingredients as well