Who dares to try this whole wheat beet orange loaf cake recipe? Without a doubt, this loaf cake is ideal to break the ice of the classic and introduce new flavors and nutrients to the body. And best of all, it takes advantage of the use of those seasonal vegetables!
This sweet whole wheat loaf cake has a perfect match! The orange with its sweet flavor and characteristic aroma, plus the contribution of the beet in its right measure, result in an incredible and exquisite loaf cake! A recipe that the little ones will eat without problems something super nutritious, natural and delicious!
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
Making this whole wheat beet orange loaf cake recipe is quite practical and simple. The ingredients used are few and often used, easy to find in any market. As a result, you will get a fluffy and smooth whole wheat loaf cake. Ideal for breakfasts, snacks and desserts!
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, the whole wheat flour used is 100% whole grain, fine ground (I don’t use mixes unless I mention it). In general, depending on its brand, it can absorb more or less amount of liquid. So I recommend incorporating them gradually. Keep in mind that the lower the volume is, smaller final product you will get.
The fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. Although it can be replaced by butter, margarine or some other type of oil. As a result, depending on what fat is used, it can modify its flavor and final texture. If using butter, cream with the whole cane sugar before incorporating.
Those who do not consume cow’s milk can replace this ingredient with non dairy milk or water. Which means that this recipe can still be made, although the results will vary accordingly. Therefore, depending on the type of ingredient used, it will influence the quality of the final product.
Despite the speed and simplicity of this recipe, this preparation has an extra step. Which is to prepare the beet puree. To do this, you can previously choose to cook the beets or not. By having a dense and hard pulp, boiling it previously would be the convenient, in this way they would soften.
However, if you have a powerful blender, you could save this step. Because you could peel the beets and blend them directly. The machine may find it difficult to work as it is so thick. Therefore, to help this process and make the blender work better, water is added. And so you get a smooth and uniform puree.
Beets have the characteristic of having a natural sweet taste. And for this same reason, it is used for sweet and savory recipes. They also provide a large number of benefits and properties for your body! The best of all? It is that it is low in calories! If you never imagined it in sweet recipes, this is your chance!
To bake this whole wheat loaf cake you can use two small molds or a large one, always previously buttered and floured. With this amount of ingredients you get a large whole wheat loaf cake of the family type. That is why it must be taken into account when choosing a particular mold.
Its cooking requires little time and like any whole grain recipe, if it is punctual, much better. In this way a moist and not dry loaf cake is obtained as a result. In addition, this way all that characteristic humidity that fruit and vegetables contributes to any recipe is taken advantage of. And more being of the whole wheat type!
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Beet puree 250 g / 7.05 oz
- Whole wheat flour 300 g / 10.58 oz / 2 ½ cup
- Whole cane sugar 160 g / 5.64 oz / ¾ cup / 8 tbsp
- Sunflower oil 80 ml / ⅓ cup / 5 ¼ tbsp
- Milk 100 ml / 3.38 oz / 6 ½ tbsp
- Baking powder 16 g / 0.56 oz / 1 tbsp
- Orange juice 150 ml / 5.07 oz / 1 large
- Orange zest 1
- Eggs 3
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl place the beet puree, eggs, zest and orange juice. Mix.
- Add the milk and sunflower oil.
- Add the whole cane sugar. Mix.
- Add the whole wheat flour together with the baking powder and a pinch of salt. Mix without beating.
- Pour the preparation into a previously greased and floured mold. Hit the mold a bit against the table, in this way is removed part of the bubbles that have been created.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 160-180 °C / 320 - 356 °F for approximately 30-40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted comes out dry. Unmold once cold.
- White sugar can be used.
- Can be used butter, margarine or any other type of cooking oil.
- Replacement of sunflower oil for butter: 60 g / 2.12 oz / 1 ½ tbsp.
- Milk can be replaced by water or vegetable milk.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Whole wheat flours depending on their brand can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.