Whole wheat loaf lovers can’t pass up this whole wheat carrot orange recipe. With a perfect texture and flavor combination, it makes it totally irresistible. The humidity provided by the carrots and the flavor of the orange enhance a more than exquisite result!
Sweet tasting carrots are a source of vitamins, minerals, and water. They can be eaten raw, cooked, boiled, steamed and sautéed. Countless recipes can be prepared, such as juices, sauces, desserts, breads, puddings, etc. Con un sin fin de recetas dulces o saladas, las zanahorias son sin duda una de las hortalizas mas atractivas que existe por su gran versatilidad.
Loaf are the star of this website, preferred by users because they are a simple and easy recipe to make. The most requested and required, that is why I am having a good time preparing these types of recipes and you can enjoy a great variety of combinations.
This opportunity I leave this option to make with carrots and orange. Which is an exquisite sweet whole wheat loaf cake, very tasty. On another occasion I will leave a salty version for those who want to experiment or have another recipe for a change and not get tired of always making the same one.
The moisture provided by carrots and orange juice makes it perfect. It is a loaf that I love to make the most and one that lasts a very short time at home. It has the right and balanced amount of flavors so that none is predominant and that with the whole a pleasant and smooth flavor is achieved.
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
For the preparation of this whole wheat carrot orange loaf cake recipe I used grated carrots and squeezed orange juice. Which I scratched before squeezing, thus obtaining a better result by taking advantage of its skin to give a better flavor to the preparation. So this whole wheat loaf is even more exquisite!
This time it is 100% whole grain because I used whole can sugar too. But if you don’t have it, you can use white sugar or whatever you have at home. Although whenever possible, use all the ingredients in their whole version. But it is also a very good option to get used to eating whole grains gradually.
How well you know the loaf are very simple, their preparation is simple and very fast to make. Cooking takes a short time and in the end it is just to unmold and enjoy. The only thing to keep in mind is not to bake it more than the necessary time so that it does not remain dry.
The recipes I make generally used the least amount of fat possible so that the results have just the right amount. Neither too much nor too little but the amount necessary to obtain good results but without excesses. The same with sugar or salt in savory recipes.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 350 g / 12.35 oz / 3 cups
- Whole cane sugar 200 g / 7.05 oz / 1 cup
- Milk 125 ml / ½ cup / 8 ½ tbsp
- Sunflower oil 75 ml / ⅓ cup / 5 tbsp
- Baking powder 16g / 0.56 oz / 3 tsp
- Grated carrot 300 g / 10.58 oz / 1 cup
- Orange juice 75 ml / ⅓ cup / 5 tbsp
- Orange zest 1
- Eggs 3
- Place the grated carrots in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, juice and orange zest. Mix.
- Add the milk and sunflower oil. Integrate.
- Add the sugar. Mix.
- Add the whole wheat flour with the baking powder.
- Place the preparation in a 24 cm / 9.44 in (mold previously buttered and floured).
- Bake in a preheated 160-180 °C / 71.11 - 82.22 °F oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and it comes out dry. Cool and unmold.
- White sugar can be used.
- Can be used butter, margarine or any other type of cooking oil.
- Sunflower Oil Replacement for Butter: 50g / 1.76oz / 1¼ tbsp.
- Milk can be replaced by water or vegetable milk.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Whole wheat flours depending on their brand can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.