To get away from the traditional, today I leave this exquisite recipe for whole wheat spinach crepes. Full of flavor, color and with a plus of nutrients. To fill with what you like the most!
A great idea for the little ones to eat healthy. In addition to the nutrients provided by this recipe, spinach gives it its attractive color. Any child finds it fun at mealtime, more than anything those vegetables that mothers are so hard to convince their children.
About the recipe it can be said that it is simple. The ingredients used are the same as the classic recipe. The only thing that changes is that it uses spinach and the proportions vary accordingly.
Pancakes or spinach pancakes are a little thicker than traditional ones. Data to take into account so that you do not try to make them finite as you always do. Like any pancake batter, you need to let the batter rest for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator for the flour to hydrate well.
Cooking is quick, it usually takes a couple of minutes at minimum temperature. It is always recommended not to overcook so that the pancakes are soft and flexible. The edges simply peel off, flip and cook on the other side for a few more seconds.
You can use any filler you want. This time I made some delicious whole wheat chicken and ricotta cannelloni.
Eating a little healthier and whole wheat should not be neither boring nor torture! Good Thursday!
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
Otras Ideas de Recetas Integrales
- Whole wheat flour 200 g / 7,05 oz / 1,66 cup
- Eggs xl 3
- Raw spinach 250 g / 8,82 oz
- Milk 500 ml / 3,33 cups
- Sunflower oil 2 tbsp
- Various: salt, nutmeg, pepper, etc.
- In a bowl place the milk, eggs and tablespoons of oil. Beat just a little.
- Incorporate the previously sifted whole wheat flour. Beat until joined.
- Puree raw spinach with a mini blender or blender (add a little water to make the machine work better). Add the puree to the dough. Season to taste (nutmeg looks great on them). Stir. Cover and bring to the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cook in a hot nonstick skillet over low heat with vegetable spray. The edges of the pancake barely peel off, flip, and cook on the other side for a few more seconds. Stack pancakes to preserve moisture. Store in the refrigerator in a suitable food bag or freeze for 3 months.