Learn how to prepare delicious and fluffy apple whole wheat pancakes. In just a few minutes, easily and simply prepare much more complete and nutritious breakfasts or snacks with this wonderful whole wheat recipe. Get ready to prepare them!
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
Making these apple whole wheat pancakes is simple, since it is a recipe that has no complications in its preparation and has more than one advantage. The ingredients used are just a few and often used, easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
About the ingredients:
En Integralisimo we use 100% organic whole wheat flour, finely ground (unless mentioned). In general, depending on the brand, it can absorb more or less liquid. For this reason I recommend incorporating the liquids gradually. As a result, keep in mind that the lower the volume, the lower the final product.
The type of fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. But you can substitute butter, margarine, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Even so, depending on what fat is used, it can change its texture and final flavor. Therefore, always keep in mind the type and class of ingredients when preparing a specific recipe.
This is a recipe where you can choose between milk, non-dairy milk or just water. Similarly, you have the option of using a mixture of them, that is, half and half. But the final result, whether in texture and flavor, will depend on the type of ingredient and proportion used.
Other options are about the type of apples, which can be red, green or both. So how to integrate the preparation: grated, in pieces or purée. Of course, if the apples are cut into chunks, the pieces of fruit will show through. On the other hand, if they are puréed, they are not visualized and their texture will change equally.
Its cooking is done in a hot pan and on both sides in a matter of minutes. As soon as you notice small holes in the dough, turn quickly with a spatula. Pancakes will have a more or less intense brown color depending on the temperature, the type of pan and the time used for cooking.
The size will vary depending on the amount of preparation, so it is advisable to use a measuring cup or ladle. This way, pancakes of similar size and thickness will be obtained. It should be mentioned that the number of pancakes obtained depends on the amount of dough used when cooking.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 300 g / 10.58 oz / 2 ½ cups
- Baking powder 18 g / 0.63 oz / 1 tbsp
- Whole cane sugar 60 g / 2.11 oz / 3 tbsp
- Milk 400 ml / 1 ½ cup
- Sunflower oil 30 ml / 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Eggs M 2
- Apple 1
- Cinnamon (optional)
- In a bowl place the grated apple, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla essence. Mix.
- Incorporate milk and sunflower oil. Mix.
- Add the whole wheat flour together with the baking powder, previously sifted and in batches to avoid lumps. Beat by hand until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Cover, store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. If it thickens too much after resting, add a little milk. The result should be a slightly thicker dough than crepes.
- In a non-stick frying pan previously sprayed with vegetable spray, butter or oil. Using a ladle or measuring cup, place a little batter in the center of the pan. When small holes are observed in the dough, quickly turn with a spatula and cook a few seconds more.
- Stack the whole wheat pancakes. Once cool, store in the fridge.
- Sift the dry ingredients.
- If you prefer very sweet pancakes, increase the amount of sugar or sweetener.
- Common white sugar can be used.
- Sugar can be replaced by liquid or powdered sweetener.
- Sugar can be replaced with liquid or powdered stevia.
- Sunflower oil can be replaced by butter, margarine, coconut oil, sunflower oil or some other. Consider its final flavor and texture.
- Replacement of sunflower oil for butter: 50 g
- Do not cook at a high temperature to avoid over-roasting and acquiring a bitter taste.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
Equivalences English measuring cups:
|1 Cup||¾ Cup||½ Cup||⅓ Cup||¼ Cup|
|250 ml||190 ml||125 ml||80 ml||60 ml|
Equivalences English measuring spoons:
|1 Tbsp||½ Tbsp||1 Tsp||½ Tsp||¼ Tsp|
|15 ml||7.5 ml||5 ml||2.5 ml||1.25 ml|
Values equivalent to 3.53 oz (100 grams) of white sugar * approximate
|STEVIA POWDER||STEVIA LIQUID|
|3.53 OZ||0.35 OZ |
11 SWEETENER SACHETS
|54 DROPS||0.39 OZ |
* Accordingly, adjust the proportions of the other ingredients as well