In the week of sweetness, I propose this wonderful for whole wheat banana loaf cake sugar-free recipe. Ideal for those who cannot consume sugar or wish to reduce it from their daily diet. In addition, it is a great opportunity to take advantage of those ripe bananas that most likely nobody wants to consume at home.
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
Preparing this whole wheat loaf cake is simple because it is a recipe that has no complications in terms of its preparation and has more than one advantage. The ingredients are frequently used and just a few, easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, the whole wheat flour used is 100% organic whole wheat, finely ground (unless it is mentioned). In general, depending on the brand, it can absorb more or less liquid. For this reason I recommend incorporating the liquids gradually. As a result, keep in mind that less volume will result in a smaller final product.
The fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. But you can substitute for margarine, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Nevertheless, depending on the type of fat used, it might change the texture and final flavor. Therefore, always keep in mind the type and class of ingredients when preparing a specific recipe.
In the same way, you have the choice of using milk, no-dairy milk or simply water. As well as a mixture of them, that is, half-and-half. However, replacing it with just water will result in a slightly more rustic texture. Therefore, keep these details in mind when modifying the recipe.
Although bananas are used to flavor this loaf cake, they are used as a natural sweetener as well. Since it is a fruit that the more ripe it gets, its sweetness and benefits increase proportionally. That is why any recipe that is made, its sugar, product of its maturity, is considered in it.
To sweeten you can choose any type of sweetener, whether artificial or natural, but it has to be suitable for prolonged cooking. Being among the best known and used options: powdered sweetener, liquid sweetener, powdered stevia, liquid stevia, honey, sucrose, molasses, agave syrup, panela, maple syrup, etc.
People with diabetic disease should use the corresponding type of sweetener and in case of doubt consult a trusted doctor. In the following table, you can see the equivalences of the most common sweeteners used per 100 grams of sugar:
|3.53 OZ||0.35 OZ|
11 SWEETENER SACHETS
Values equivalent to 3.53 oz (100 grams) of granulated white sugar * approximate
Finally, this whole wheat loaf cake is baked at a medium low temperature, which is around 180 degrees / 356 Fahrenheit, for about 40 minutes. It is recommended for a good result, first to adapt the baking according to the type of oven available and second, that the baking is as punctual as possible and not dry out.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 350 g / 8.81 oz / 3 cups
- Sunflower oil 100 ml / 3.38 oz / 6 ½ tbsp
- Milk - Non-dairy milk - Water 300 ml / 1 ¼ cup
- Baking powder 15 g / 0.50 oz / 1 tbsp
- Bananas 3M / 300g / 10.58oz
- Vanilla essence 2 tsp (optional)
- Cinnamon powder 2.5 g / 0.088 oz / ½ tsp (optional)
- Powdered sweetener 20 sachets / 16 g - Liquid Stevia 1-2 tbsp
- Eggs 3
- Optional: walnuts, almonds, chocolate chips, etc.
- In a bowl, place the bananas and make a purée. Add the sweetener and vanilla essence. Mix.
- Add the eggs and sunflower oil. Mix.
- Incorporate the whole wheat flour with the baking powder and cinnamon interspersed with milk.
- Pour the preparation into a previously buttered and floured loaf mold.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C / 356 °F for approximately 40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted comes out dry. Unmold once cold.
- Mold size used 26 cm. Also, you can use a 28 cm.
- It can be made without ripe bananas. Increase sweetener accordingly.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Substitute sunflower oil for butter: 150 g / 5.30 oz / 3-4 tbsp
- Whole wheat flours, depending on their brand, can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.
American measuring cup equivalents:
|1 Cup||¾ Cup||½ Cup||⅓ Cup||¼ Cup|
|250 ml||190 ml||125 ml||80 ml||60 ml|
Equivalences American measuring spoons:
|1 Tbsp||½ Tbsp||1 Tsp||½ Tsp||¼ Tsp|
|15 ml||7.5 ml||5 ml||2.5 ml||1.25 ml|
Values equivalent to 3.53 oz (100 grams) of white sugar * approximate
|SUGAR||POWDERED SWEETENER||LIQUID SWEETENER||STEVIAPOWDER||STEVIA LIQUID|
|3.53 OZ|| |
11 SWEETENER SACHETS
|54 DROPS|| |
* Accordingly, adjust the proportions of the other ingredients as well