For this weekend I leave you this recipe for whole wheat apple loaf recipe, so you can enjoy something delicious and whole wheat! A loaf with all the flavor and moisture provided by apples. An easy breakfast or snack to prepare!
Generally, loaves are preferred by most because they are easy to make and uncomplicated. Being the preferred recipe for those who don’t cook much and still obtain satisfactory results. If you do not have any experience in cooking, this type of recipe is ideal for you to start doing it!
If you are a follower of my page you will know that little by little I am uploading new recipes, with new ingredients and different types of combinations. A wide variety to satisfy the tastes of each one or adapt the recipes to the ingredients that are available at home. Recipes with different fruits and vegetables, with or without sugar, with or without butter. These are some of the examples of recipes that you can find on my pages.
Integralisimo is an exclusive site dedicated to whole grain recipes. Although they are not the only type of recipes that I make. You can find my site of general recipes Locos Por La Comida, where you will find all the recipes from all my sites. For those interested in just sweet recipes, visit Locos Por Los Dulces and for those interested only in vegan recipes, visit Veganisimos. Which soon I will fill with new recipes and I will update.
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
This whole wheat apple loaf recipe can be made with either red or green apples or a little of each. It is a totally adjustable recipe to what you have at home. Also, if you don’t have enough apples but you have pears, you can use them too. The combination is more than great! Prepare this recipe as you like!
Apples can be used in different ways to prepare this whole wheat loaf. This time I grated the apples but you can use them cut into cubes or make a puree with them. It really does not matter how you use them. What changes only is its appearance, if the apples are used in a cube when cutting the loaf, the pieces of fruit will be noticeable.
To prepare this recipe you do not need large kitchen utensils and this time you can put aside your electric mixer for a moment. It can be prepared in a bowl or any other container available since it is not necessary to knead or beat. Only the ingredients are mixed until they combine, it really is a preparation that does not require any effort.
With these proportions you get a large family-type loaf and for this I used a 30 cm long loaf pan, it could also be used in a 24 cm long one. If you do not have a mold this large you can divide the proportions of the recipe and make a smaller one or prepare two smaller loaf. If you do not know how to calculate or how much this loaf will grow when it is baked, as a general rule, always fill the mold with the preparation, leaving 1 cm of the mold free (it does not fill completely).
Like any recipe and being even more of the whole wheat type, I always recommend being as exact as possible with the baking time. Because if you overcook this type of recipe it will dry out or have a bitter taste. So be punctual, keep an eye on the oven to obtain a good result and thus be able to enjoy a moist loaf with all the flavor of the fruit.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Grated apples 450 g / 15.85 oz
- Eggs 3
- Lemon juice
- Cinnamon 3 tsp
- Whole cane sugar 220 g / 7.76 oz / 1 1/4 cup
- Whole wheat flour 300 g / 10.58 oz / 2 1/2 cup
- Polvo de Hornear 15 g / 0.53 oz / 3 tsp
- Milk 150 ml / 3/4 cup / 10 tbsp
- Sunflower oil 75 ml / 5 tbsp
- In a bowl place the peeled and grated apples. Add the cinnamon, lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of the whole cane sugar. Stir and leave for 30 minutes for the apples to release their juice. Then remove the liquid by squeezing the apples a little with your hands.
- In another container place the eggs, milk and sunflower oil. With a hand mixer stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add the rest of the whole cane sugar. Mix until dissolved.
- Add the apples and stir.
- Add the whole wheat flour together with the baking powder little by little. Mix.
- Place the preparation in a previously buttered and floured mold.
- Bake at 356 ° F for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and it comes out dry.
- Consume preferably before 3 days
- Can be frozen (3 months)