Do you have bananas at home that turned black and nobody wants to eat? Here is another recipe to avoid throwing bananas and make something delicious and healthy! This whole wheat banana cake is a delight, fluffy, not heavy, really delicious! You will not regret making this recipe!
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Medium bananas 3
- Whole cane sugar 150 g / 5.29 oz / ¾ cup
- Sunflower oil 150 ml / ¾ cup / 10 tbsp
- Eggs 3
- Whole wheat flour 350 g / 12.34 oz / 3 cups
- Baking powder 15 g / 0.52 oz / 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence
- Milk 200 cc / 1 cup
- Beat the egg whites for a while, then add half the sugar in the recipe and beat until firm (snow point) Reserve.
- Puree the bananas. Add half of the remaining sugar to the recipe. Mix.
- Add the eggs, sunflower oil, milk and vanilla essence. Whisk until the ingredients are integrated.
- Incorporate the whole wheat flour together with the baking powder little by little. Whisk until a homogeneous mixture is achieved.
- With enveloping movements, incorporate the beaten whites (do not beat).
- Place the preparation in a cake mold previously buttered and floured. Bake at 356 °F for approximately 1 hour or until a toothpick is inserted and it comes out dry.
- Store at room temperature covered with a plastic wrap or closed container so that it does not dry out.
- Whole wheat flours depending on their brand can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate gradually.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.