Do you have bananas at home that turned black and nobody wants to eat? Here is another recipe to avoid throwing bananas and make something delicious and healthy! This whole wheat banana cake is a delight, fluffy, not heavy, really delicious! You will not regret making this recipe!
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
Preparing this recipe is simple because it has no complications in terms of its preparation and has more than one advantage. The ingredients used are just a few and frequently used, easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, 100% organic whole wheat flour is used, finely ground (unless it mentions it). In general, depending on the brand, it can absorb more or less liquid. For this reason I recommend incorporating the liquids gradually. As a result, keep in mind that the lower the volume, the lower the final product.
The fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. But you can substitute butter, margarine, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Even so, depending on what fat is used, it can change its texture and final flavor. Therefore, always keep in mind the type and class of ingredients when preparing a specific recipe.
In the same way, you have the choice to use milk, non-dairy milk, fruit juice or simply water. As well as a mixture of them, that is, half-and-half. However, replacing it exclusively with water will give you a rather rustic texture as a final result. Therefore, keep the details in mind when modifying a recipe.
Finally, this Banana Whole Wheat Cake is baked at a medium low temperature, hovering around 180 degrees / 356 Fahrenheit, for approx 50 minutes. It is recommended for a good result, first to adapt the baking according to the type of oven available and second, that the baking is as punctual as possible and not dry out.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Medium bananas 3
- Whole cane sugar 150 g / 5.29 oz / ¾ cup
- Sunflower oil 150 ml / ¾ cup / 10 tbsp
- Eggs 3
- Whole wheat flour 350 g / 12.34 oz / 3 cups
- Baking powder 15 g / 0.52 oz / 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence
- Milk 200 cc / 1 cup
- Beat the egg whites for a while, then add half the sugar in the recipe and beat until firm (snow point) Reserve.
- Puree the bananas. Add half of the remaining sugar to the recipe. Mix.
- Add the eggs, sunflower oil, milk and vanilla essence. Whisk until the ingredients are integrated.
- Incorporate the whole wheat flour together with the baking powder little by little. Whisk until a homogeneous mixture is achieved.
- With enveloping movements, incorporate the beaten whites (do not beat).
- Place the preparation in a cake mold previously buttered and floured. Bake at 356 °F for approximately 1 hour or until a toothpick is inserted and it comes out dry.
- Store at room temperature covered with a plastic wrap or closed container so that it does not dry out.
- Whole wheat flours depending on their brand can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate gradually.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.