If you are looking for something exquisite and simple to make, this fabulous whole wheat pear cake recipe is ideal for you! In just a few steps, you can make something wonderful and whole wheat! Ideal for a snack or breakfast, dazzle everyone with this delight!
A new alternative to sweet whole grain recipes, take advantage of seasonal fruits and make the most of them! Or maybe also, prepare something tasty and nutritious. This time the chosen fruit is the pear. Although you can use apples, for example.
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
This whole wheat pear cake is very simple to make, it does not require a lot of experience to prepare it. Although I offer you the easiest way to do it, if you want a fluffy result, you can modify your preparation to achieve it (see notes).
The ingredients are simple and easily accessible in any store. Any type or variety of pear or apples can be used, depending on your preference or availability. But there are some observations or tips to keep in mind on how to use the fruit.
Pears or apples that are chosen should not be very ripe. Because if you want to see pieces of fruit when cutting the cake, if they are, during cooking they will disintegrate. Even so, if you only have that type of fruit at that moment, and you want to take advantage of it, you can use it without any problem.
The integration of the fruit in the preparation can be done directly or interspersed layers of dough with slices of fruit. Depending on the way it is made, its flavor will not change, but its appearance will change when cutting the cake. What you can choose the way that is simpler to do.
Also you can choose how much fruit is used to prepare this recipe. On this occasion, I have used 4 pears. But if you are not such a fan of fruit, you can decrease its amount. Likewise, you can choose the way in which it is cut, its shape and size.
To bake this whole wheat cake, I used a 26 cm / 10.23 in Teflon cake pan. Being a non-stick mold, it was not necessary to butter or flour it, I only used butter-flavored vegetable spray. This recipe can be adapted to any type of mold you have.
Its cooking requires little time and like any whole grain recipe, if it is punctual, much better. In this way, a moist and not dry cake is obtained. In addition, this is how all that characteristic moisture that fruit contributes to any recipe is used, and even more so in whole-grain ones.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 400 g / 14.11 oz / 3 ½ cups
- Whole cane sugar 250 g / 8.82 oz / 1 ¼ cup
- Milk cream 200 ml / 1 cup
- Milk / Water 250 ml / 1 cup
- Baking powder 16 g / 0.56 oz / 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence 1 tbsp
- Eggs 4
- Pears 2
- Lemon juice (optional)
- In a bowl place the milk cream, milk, eggs, vanilla essence. Beat until integrated.
- Add the whole cane sugar. Mix.
- Add the whole wheat flour with the baking powder in batches.
- Butter and flour a cake mold. Peel and place pear slices in the bottom of the mold.
- Put the rest of the fruit in the preparation. Pour into the mold.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 160-180 °C / 320 - 356 °F for approximately 40-50 minutes, or when inserting a toothpick, and it comes out dry. Let cool and unmold.
- White sugar can be use (use the same proportion as whole cane sugar).
- Preheat the oven to the indicated temperature 15-20 minutes before baking.
- To unmold it easier, use removable molds.
- The milk cream can be replaced by one part sunflower oil and one part milk.
- The milk cream can be replaced by yogurt, milk or water.
- Can be used butter, margarine or any other type of cooking oil.
- When using butter: beat with the whole cane sugar until creamy.
- To make it more fluffy, separate the whites and beat until stiff (integrate at the end with enveloping movements).
- Lemon juice can be added to the cut fruit so it does not oxidize (optional).
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Whole wheat flours depending on their brand can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.