Winter is citrus season, and that is why today I bring you this whole tangerine loaf cake as a proposal. Ideal for breakfast, snack or simply any time of the day. In just a few steps and without complicating yourself, you can enjoy a simple and exquisite whole wheat loaf cake.
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
Preparing this whole wheat loaf cake is simple because it is a recipe that has no complications in terms of its preparation and has more than one advantage. The ingredients are frequently used and just a few, easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
On this occasion, I have taken advantage of these magnificent tangerines that my friend Lily gave me straight from her tree to flavor this loaf cake. However, other citrus fruits could be used, such as lemon or orange, for example. Also, you can prepare it with a natural or artificial sweetener. But the mascabo sugar gives it some moisture worth taking advantage of (see notes).
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, the whole wheat flour used is 100% organic whole wheat, finely ground (unless it is mentioned). In general, depending on the brand, it can absorb more or less liquid. For this reason I recommend incorporating the liquids gradually. As a result, keep in mind that the lower the volume, the lower the final product.
The fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. But you can substitute for margarine, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Even so, depending on what fat is used, it can change its texture and final flavor. Therefore, always keep in mind the type and class of ingredients when preparing a specific recipe.
This is a type of recipe where you can choose mandarin juice, milk, no-dairy milk or just water. Similarly, you have the option of using a mixture of them, that is, half and half. Replacing the tangerine juice will result in a significant change in flavor. However, you can also use juice from other fruits, such as orange.
Finally, to cook this whole wheat loaf cake, use a medium low temperature, which is around 180 degrees / 356 Fahrenheit, for about 40 minutes. It is recommended for a good result, first to adapt the baking according to the type of oven available and second, that the baking is as punctual as possible and not dry out.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 320 g
- Sunflower oil 80 ml
- Baking powder 16 g
- Tangerine juice 380 ml
- Tangerine zest 1-2
- Whole cane sugar 160 g
- Eggs 2
- In a bowl, place the whole cane sugar and eggs. Beat until homogenized.
- Add the tangerines juice and zest and sunflower oil. Stir.
- Add the whole wheat flour with the baking powder. Mix.
- Pour the preparation into a previously buttered and floured loaf cake mold.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C / 356 °F for approximately 40 minutes or when a toothpick inserted comes out dry. Unmold once cold.
- Mold size used 26 cm. Also, you can use a 24 cm mold.
- To obtain the tangerine juice, cut them in half and squeeze them as if it were an orange in a classic plastic juicer.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Whole wheat flours, depending on their brand, can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.
Equivalences English measuring cups:
|1 Cup||¾ Cup||½ Cup||⅓ Cup||¼ Cup|
|250 ml||190 ml||125 ml||80 ml||60 ml|
Equivalences English measuring spoons:
|1 Tbsp||½ Tbsp||1 Tsp||½ Tsp||¼ Tsp|
|15 ml||7.5 ml||5 ml||2.5 ml||1.25 ml|
Values equivalent to 3.53 oz (100 grams) of white sugar * approximate
|STEVIA POWDER||STEVIA LIQUID|
|3.53 OZ||0.35 OZ |
11 SWEETENER SACHETS
|54 DROPS||0.39 OZ |
* Accordingly, adjust the proportions of the other ingredients as well