A recipe that your children will love! These whole wheat pancakes are spectacular for breakfast or snack. Super fluffy and tasty. They won’t notice unless you tell them how they’re done! Today I made this recipe because my son asked me to do it. He saw them in a cartoon on television so I said to myself, why not? Let’s make a super breakfast!
Pancakes are recognized for being a traditional American breakfast (they call them American breakfast), with a flavor similar to Argentine pancakes but smaller, thick and fluffy.
To accompany with caramel sauce, dulce de leche, cream, blueberries, syrup or simply alone! Easy to prepare and quick to cook, these pancakes are ideal for anyone to prepare! Another advantage is that you do not need an electric mixer, with a hand mixer you make them. In addition, this recipe has ingredients that you surely have at home or that you can easily find!
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- 200 g / 7.05 / 1 ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 12 g / 0,42 oz / 3 tsps baking powder
- 280 ml / 1,4 cup milk
- 50 g / 1,76 oz / 3 tbsps whole cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 g / 1,76 oz / 2 tbsps butter
- In a bowl place the dry ingredients, whole wheat flour, baking powder and sugar (previously sifted). Mix.
- Add the milk little by little while beating.
- Incorporate the eggs and mix well until homogeneous.
- Add the melted butter, beat for 5 minutes.
- Cover with a plastic film and let the preparation rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Then cook in a pan at minimum temperature. Put a little of butter in the center of the pan and with a ladle pour the dough and let it spread on its own (it worked well for me with the size of a ladle as a measure, but if you want to use a cup or something else, it's all right).
- When it begins to make small holes in the dough with the help of a spatula, turn the pancakes quickly and cook on the other side.