Making homemade whole wheat bread guarantees us bread without preservatives or additives. In addition, it is much more economical to do than to buy it too. This bread is spectacular as much as to accompany meals as for breakfasts and snacks.
In its composition rich in fibers, vitamins and minerals, they provide multiple benefits to our body. Resulting more healthier and beneficial. Then, the ideal is to find that recipe that more convinces, like it or easy. And so start making our own homemade whole wheat bread for daily use.
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
Making this homemade whole wheat bread recipe is quite practical and simple. The ingredients used are few and common, easy to find in any market. It turns out to be a malleable and docile dough, which should not present any type of complication during its preparation.
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, the whole wheat flour used is 100% whole grain, fine ground (I don’t use mixes unless I mention it). In general, depending on its brand, it can absorb more or less amount of liquid. So I recommend incorporating them gradually. Keep in mind that the lower the volume is, smaller final product you will get.
The fat used in this opportunity is olive oil. But it can be replaced by margarine, sunflower oil, coconut oil, etc. As a result, depending on which fat is used, its texture can be modified. Therefore, the type of ingredient used to make a specific recipe should always be taken into account.
This whole wheat bread can be made with the seeds that you like most or just alone. Also you can make several breads, cut them into slices and freeze. In this way you have bread in hand when needed.
Its cooking takes a few minutes and it is recommended to be punctual to prevent it from drying out. So you can enjoy a soft, fluffy, humid and flexible whole wheat bread. It is very important that at the end of baking it is removed from the mold immediately to prevent the bread from becoming damp.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water (not cold or hot)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 7,5 g / 0,26 oz Dry yeast
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil (or any other)
- 1 cup water (not cold or hot)
- Optional: Chia seeds, sesame, sunflower, flax, pumpkin, etc.
- In a bowl place the ingredients to perform the ferment: the cup of wholemeal flour, the cup of warm water, honey and dry yeast. Mix, cover and let stand for approximately 1 hour.
- In a bowl or on the table in the shape of a crown, place the cups of whole wheat flour, the salt, the ferment, the olive oil and the water. If you want, place seeds as well. Mix and then knead until well combined. Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape, roll from the outside to the inside tightly and place in a mold sprayed with vegetable oil or common oil. Cover and leave to rise for about 40 minutes.
- Brush the dough with egg or moisten with water to sprinkle with seeds (optional) .
- Cook in a preheated 180 ° C / 350 ° F oven for 40 minutes.
- Can be used butter, margarine or any other type of cooking oil.
- Replacement of olive oil for butter: 30 g / 1 ¼ tbsp
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Whole wheat flours depending on their brand can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.