Making your own bread guarantees a bread without preservatives or additives like the ones we buy in the market. It is also much cheaper to do than buy it.
In its composition rich in fibers, vitamins and minerals, it brings multiple benefits to our body. It turns out to be healthier and beneficial. So, the ideal is to find that recipe that convinces us, we like or find it easy and start making our own daily homemade bread.
This bread is spectacular to accompany meals, breakfasts and snacks.
We can make this bread with seeds we like or make a classic seedless bread. We can also make some breads, cut them into slices and freeze them so that we have an amount available when we need it.
Other Whole Wheat Bread Ideas 👇
- For the ferment
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water (not cold or hot)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 10 grs Dry yeast
- For the dough
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cdts Salt
- 3 cds olive oil (or any other)
- 3 cds warm water
- Optional: Chia seeds, sesame, sunflower, flax, pumpkin, etc.
- In a bowl place the ingredients to make the ferment: the cup of whole wheat flour, the cup of warm water, the honey and the dry yeast. Mix, cover and let it ferment for 1 hour approx.
- In a bowl or on the crown-shaped table place the whole wheat flour cups, salt, the ferment, olive oil and water. If we want we can also place seeds. Mix and then knead until well blended.
- Stretch the dough in a rectangular shape, roll it from the outside inwards by squeezing it well and place it in a mold sprinkled with vegetable oil or common oil. Cover and let stand for 40 minutes approx.
- Paint the dough with egg or moisten with water to sprinkle with seeds (optional)
- Cook in a preheated 180 ° oven for 40 minutes.