How about preparing these whole wheat sandwich buns? You will see how practical and simple it is to make this whole wheat recipe. Bread for every occasion and type of sandwich without overcomplicating. Also, a great idea for meetings, parties and birthdays. Try this simple but delicious recipe!
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
Preparing these buns has no complications in terms of preparation, but it does take time because it has two moments of leavening. The ingredients used are just a few and often used, easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, the whole wheat flour used is 100% organic whole wheat, finely ground (unless it is mentioned). In general, depending on the brand, it can absorb more or less liquid. For this reason I recommend incorporating the liquids gradually. As a result, keep in mind that less volume will result in a smaller final product.
The fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. However, it can be replaced with butter, margarine, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Nevertheless, depending on the type of fat used, it might change the texture and final flavor. Therefore, always keep in mind the type and class of ingredients when preparing a specific recipe.
About the shape of the buns:
Once the dough has risen, it is divided into as many parts as desired, buns and left to rest for a few minutes. In this way, the dough relaxes, being docile to stretch. Therefore, it is stretched with a rolling pin in a circular shape to a thickness of approx 3 mm. Finally, place the buns on a baking dish and leave to rise for 15-30 minutes.
The cooking of these whole wheat buns is in a matter of minutes. Being recommended for a good result: first, adapt the baking according to the type of oven available; second, that the baking is as punctual as possible, so it does not dry out. Better is to leave a white bread so that later, if they prefer to toast, they are not hard.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 500 g / 17,64 oz / 4 ¼ cups
- Water 450 ml / 1 ¾ cup
- Dry yeast 10 g / 0.35 oz / 2 tsp
- Sunflower oil 30 ml / 2 tbsp
- Salt 10 g / 0.35 oz / 2 tsp
- Sugar 5 g / 0.18 oz / 1 tsp (optional)
- In a bowl place part of the water, whole cane sugar and yeast. Dissolve. Let foam for 15-20 minutes.
- On the table, in a bowl or kneading machine, place the whole wheat flour, salt, foamed yeast and sunflower oil. Mix. Gradually add the water or milk to form a soft and elastic dough.
- Divide the dough and bun, cover and let rest for 10 minutes (in this recipe, 12 buns of 70 g each were made).
- To assemble these breads: take a bun of dough and flatten it to degas. Stretch the dough in a circular shape with a rolling pin.
- Place on a baking dish, previously oiled or sprayed with vegetable spray. Cover with plastic kitchen film. Let rise until doubled in volume. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees / 356 Fahrenheit for about 15-20 minutes.
- Can be used butter, margarine or any other type of cooking oil.
- Replacement of sunflower oil for butter: 20 g / 1 tbsp.
- Water can be replaced by milk or non-dairy milk.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- 12 whole wheat buns are obtained.
- Whole wheat flours, depending on their brand, can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.
Equivalences English measuring cups:
|1 Cup||¾ Cup||½ Cup||⅓ Cup||¼ Cup|
|250 ml||190 ml||125 ml||80 ml||60 ml|
Equivalences English measuring spoons:
|1 Tbsp||½ Tbsp||1 Tsp||½ Tsp||¼ Tsp|
|15 ml||7.5 ml||5 ml||2.5 ml||1.25 ml|
Values equivalent to 3.53 oz (100 grams) of white sugar * approximate
|LIQUID SWEETENER ||STEVIA POWDER||LIQUID STEVIA|
|3.53 OZ||0.35 OZ |
11 SWEETENER SACHETS
|54 DROPS||0.39 OZ |
* Accordingly, adjust the proportions of the other ingredients as well