This whole wheat pita bread also called Arab bread is ideal for sandwiches of all kinds. If you have a meeting with friends, a barbecue, a simple family meal or something delicious for snack or breakfast always comes in handy.
It is a bread without crumb that you can eat it as is or toast it. It can be combined with countless fillings, it really is an exquisite bread, one of my favorites because it is super light, very rich, and simple to make.
You can make a good amount and freeze them and have it whenever you need.
Other Whole Wheat Bread Ideas 👇
- 17,63 oz / 4 ¼ cup fine whole wheat flour
- 2 ¼ cup water
- 3 ¼ tbsps olive oil
- 0.28 oz / 1 ¾ tsp dry yeast
- 0.35 oz / 2 tsp salt
- In a bowl place the flour, salt, yeast, olive oil, and water. Form a uniform dough. Cover and let rest for an hour.
- Form small dough balls of approximately 60-80 grams each. This will depend on the size of pita bread you want. Cover and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Crush the dough ball with your fingers and stretch with a rolling pin giving the dough a round and thin shape. Place in a baking dish.
- Bake in a strong oven (662 °F) for 5-7 minutes. Or until you notice that the bread is inflated. Do not toast too much or it will be hard and crunchy and that is not the idea of this kind of bread.