Nothing better than preparing your daily bread at home! This recipe is going to fascinate you! A not robust bread, with a spongy taste and touch. And best of all, it has no preservatives or additives! This is a recipe to take advantage of and make daily. Because it is an ideal bread for all occasions and types of food!
This is a whole wheat lactal bread that you are going to love and the children too! (mine liked it a lot). It’s even a great way to introduce them to whole foods using simple whole grain recipes like this one. In this way, little by little they will get used to incorporating these whole grain ingredients into their daily diet.
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
Making this whole wheat lactal bread recipe is quite practical and simple. The ingredients used are just a few and often used, easy to find in any market. As a result, you will get a fluffy and soft whole wheat bread. Ideal for breakfasts, snacks, dinners and lunches!
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, the whole wheat flour used is 100% whole grain, fine ground (I don’t use mixes unless I mention it). In general, depending on its brand, it can absorb more or less amount of liquid. So I recommend incorporating them gradually. Keep in mind that the lower the volume is, smaller final product you will get.
The type of fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. Although it can be replaced by butter, margarine or some other type of oil. As a result, depending on what fat is used, it can modify its flavor and final texture. If butter is used, add last, knead until integrated.
Those who do not consume cow’s milk can replace this ingredient with non dairy milk or water. Which means that this recipe can still be made, although the results will vary accordingly. Therefore, depending on the type of ingredient used, it will influence the quality of the final product.
Before baking, the bread can be brushed with the mixture (egg and milk). Also, sprinkle with sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, etc. Baking takes a few minutes and it is recommended to be punctual, thus preventing the bread from drying out or toasting too much. Barely browned, remove from the oven.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 500 g / 17,64 oz / 4 ¼ cups
- Water 400 ml / 13.52 oz / 1 ¾ cups
- Whole cane sugar 40 g / 1.41 oz / 2 tbsp
- Powder skin milk 50 g / 1.76 oz / 3 tbsp
- Sunflower oil 50 ml / 1.69 oz / 3 ¼ tbsp
- Salt 5 g / 0.18 oz / 1 tsp
- Dry yeast 8 g / 0.28 oz / 1 ½ tsp / Fresh yeast 25 g / 0.88 oz
- Optional: sunflower seeds, sesame, chia, etc.
- FOR BRUSH:
- Egg 1
- Milk 3-4 tbsp
- Prepare a preferment. In a bowl, place half of the water from the recipe, the yeast, the brown sugar and 3 or 4 tablespoons of the whole wheat flour. Mix, cover and leave to rise for 15-20 minutes.
- On the table or kneading machine, place the remaining whole wheat flour, powdered milk and salt. Make a hole in the center.
- Place the preferment, the rest of the water and the sunflower oil. Knead until you get a smooth and elastic dough. Cover, let rest for ten minutes (this allows the dough to relax and can be stretched more easily).
- Once the dough has rested, stretch it out and shape it into a rectangular shape. Then form a roll by squeezing well with the fingers.
- Place in a previously oiled mold. The closure of the dough should face downward. Let it rise for 40 minutes or until doubled in size. Bake at 160-180 °C / 320-356 °F for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Unmold while hot to avoid moisture.
- White sugar can be used.
- Can be used butter, margarine or any other type of cooking oil.
- Milk can be replaced by water or vegetable milk.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Whole wheat flours depending on their brand can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.