This time I invite you to prepare this whole wheat beet pizza crust recipe! So you can prepare a whole wheat pizza with your own style and a lot of personality! A whole grain recipe with which you will obtain a mixed dough that combines nutrients and a lot of color! Dare to prepare it!
The pizzas are infinite possible combinations and for all tastes, there are all types, sizes and thicknesses. For each person there is a different preference, which makes it so versatile in the way it is prepared. And at home according to the taste of each one, it will be prepared in a particular way.
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
Making this whole wheat beet pizza crust recipe is quite practical and simple. The ingredients used are just a few and often used, easy to find in any market. As a result, you will get a smooth and soft whole wheat dough. Ideal for preparing all kinds of pizza with different combinations and all kinds of ingredients!
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, the whole wheat flour used is 100% whole grain, fine ground (I don’t use mixes unless I mention it). In general, depending on the brand, it can absorb more or less amount of liquid. So I recommend incorporating them gradually. Keep in mind that the lower the volume is, smaller final product you will get.
Despite the speed and simplicity of this recipe, this preparation has an extra step. Which is to prepare the beet puree. For this, previously, you can choose to cook or not the beets. However, because they have a dense, hard pulp, it would be wise to boil them long enough to soften.
However, if you have a powerful blender, you can skip this step. Because you could peel the beets and blend them directly. The machine, being so thick, may have a hard time working. Therefore, to help this process and work better, a little bit of water is added. In this way you will obtain a smooth and homogeneous puree.
Its cooking requires little time, since as it is called, pre-pizza, this would only be pre-cooked. Because then its cooking will be completed along with the ingredients that are added. Generally, it is usually at a high temperature and can be used in different ways depending on the method used for it.
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 300 g / 10.58 oz / 2 ½ cup
- Beet puree 150 g / 5.29 oz / 1 unit
- Dry yeast 5 g / 0.17 oz / 1 tsp - Fresh yeast 15 g / 0.52 oz
- Sunflower oil 40 ml / 1.35 oz / 2 ½ tbsp
- Whole cane sugar 5 g / 0.18 oz / 1 tsp
- Salt 5 g / 0.18 oz / 1 tsp
- Water 75 ml / 2.53 oz / 5 tbsp
- Sauce c/n
- In a bowl, kneading machine or on the table in the shape of a crown, place the yeast, the beet puree, the whole cane sugar, the sunflower oil and the salt.
- Incorporate the water gradually. Knead until you get a smooth and soft dough. Make a bun with the dough and cover so it does not air dry. Let rise for 40 minutes or until doubled in volume.
- Degas the dough. Roll out on a previously oiled pizza pan.
- Brush to taste with tomato sauce.
- Cook in a preheated oven at high temperature 220-250 °C - 428-482 °F for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- It is convenient to dissolve the yeast with part of the liquid and the sugar. Cover and leave to rise for 10-15 minutes. Then incorporate.
- White sugar can be used.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Whole wheat flours depending on their brand can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.