This weekend, prepare these whole wheat seeded crackers that are ideal for any time of the day. Also, a great idea for appetizers or a charcuterie board with sauces and dips, or simply as snacks in bars and breweries. With no doubt one, a simple but delicious whole grain recipe!
Let’s talk a bit about the recipe:
Preparing this recipe is simple, since it is a recipe that has no complications in terms of its preparation and has more than one advantage. The ingredients used are few and often used, easy to find in any market. In addition, you can change any of them according to preference or need without inconvenience.
About the ingredients:
At Integralisimo, the whole wheat flour used is 100% organic whole wheat, finely ground (unless it is mentioned). In general, depending on the brand, it can absorb more or less liquid. For this reason I recommend incorporating the liquids gradually. As a result, keep in mind that the lower the volume, the lower the final product.
The fat used in this opportunity is sunflower oil. But you can substitute for margarine, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. Even so, depending on what fat is used, it can change its texture and final flavor. Therefore, always keep in mind the type and class of ingredients when preparing a specific recipe.
These salty whole wheat snacks may or may not contain seeds. However, the seeds, in addition to providing benefits worth taking advantage of, are also excellent for flavor and texture. Among the existing seed options are those of chia, sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, flax, poppy, for example.
Finally, to form these crackers, stretch the dough with a rolling pin, avoiding excess flour. Then, with a knife or cookie cutter, proceed to cut the squares of dough to the desired size. These in turn may or may not be sprinkled with salt (barbecue salt) before baking.
About its cooking:
The cooking of these whole wheat seeded crackers is superfast, it takes between 5 and 10 minutes depending on the type of oven you have. So being vigilant is important. Without any inconvenience, you can open the oven door as many times as you need to check its cooking.
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- Whole wheat flour 400 g / 14.10 oz / 3 ¼ cup
- Seeds 100 g / 3.52 oz / ¾ cup
- Sunflower oil 50 ml / 1.69 oz / 3 ¼ tbsp
- Water 300 ml / 10.14 oz / 1 ¼ cup
- Salt 10 g / 0.35 oz / 2 tsp
- In a bowl place the whole wheat flour and seeds. Mix.
- Add the sunflower oil and the water little by little until all the ingredients are combined.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- With a knife or cookie cutter form the crackers.
- Place on a baking dish previously oiled or sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160-180 °C / 320 - 356 °F for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Consume preferably before 3 days.
- Can be frozen (3 months).
- Whole wheat flours, depending on their brand, can absorb more or less amount of liquid. Be sure to incorporate liquids gradually.
Equivalences English measuring cups:
|1 Cup||¾ Cup||½ Cup||⅓ Cup||¼ Cup|
|250 ml||190 ml||125 ml||80 ml||60 ml|
Equivalences English measuring tablespoons:
|1 Tbsp||½ Tbsp||1 Tsp||½ Tsp||¼ Tsp|
|15 ml||7.5 ml||5 ml||2.5 ml||1.25 ml|