May any day of the month be 29 and prepare these delicious whole wheat potato gnocchi! Make no more excuses, if you want to eat a light, tasty and easy to make pasta, this is your recipe!
This time they are made of potatoes, but there is a great variety of them, but without a doubt they are the most consumed and traditional that exist. To accompany with the sauce that you like, red, pink, white, with or without meat … whatever your choice. This is the good thing about pasta because one can accompany it in many ways and it is also that with few ingredients we make an abundant meal, ideal for large families!
Do you have any doubt or suggestion? Write me a comment at the end of this recipe 👇
Do not forget to follow me on social networks to know the latest news in whole grain recipes!
- 500 g / 17,64 oz / 3 M Mashed potatoes
- 200 g / 7,05 oz / 1 ¾ cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Nutmeg c / n
- Salt c / n
- In a bowl place the mashed potatoes once cold. Incorporate the egg, nutmeg and salt. Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Incorporate the whole wheat flour together with the baking powder little by little. Roll the dough into a bun and let it rest for about 10 minutes (avoid the temptation to add more flour than the recipe says).
- To make the gnocchi, take some dough, make some thin rolls, cut them roughly the size of the gnocchi, and then with a fork or a gnocchi paddle, give them the final shape. Sprinkle flour superficially to make it easier to work with, but do not abuse the amount of flour (even if you feel that the dough sticks to your hands, do not add flour). As a result, you want to get soft, smooth gnocchi that melts in your mouth and not the kind that gets heavy when eaten.
- Cook in plenty of boiling water, stir a little so that they do not stick together. Once they float, leave a minute and remove. Avoid neglecting because they can overcook quickly. Place in the sauce of choice, stir a little so that they make contact with it (do not leave them in the pot with nothing because they will stick together).
In the recipe I made double the amount that day. The indicated amounts are correct for 4 or 5 people to eat.